You might be reading this article because you are or someone dear is accused of their third DUI offense. If you are accused of your 3rd DUI, you must hire a Los angeles DUI attorney immediately. You need professional help to reduce punishments. The local law gives serious punishments and penalties to people with their 3rd offense. If the offense happened within 10 years of your prior incidents, you should be extra careful! Punishments are often enhanced and made severe for drivers with a series of DUI cases. Both men and women are given similar punishments.
If the DUI incident happened within 10 years of prior case, you will be given the following punishments:
1) Your vehicle will be immobilized or impounded for 90 days.
2) You should pay a fine between 2000 and 3000 USD.
3) Your 3rd DUI incident will be treated as a 3rd degree Felony. The punishment can be as high as 5 years in jail.
4) You should serve 30 days in jail. This is a mandatory punishment.
5) Your license will be revoked for at least a decade.
6) The driver should install an ignition interlock device for at least 2 years. However, the ignition interlock device is necessary only if the driver qualifies for another license.
If your third DUI conviction happened after 10 years, you will receive the following punishments:
1) You should pay a fine between 1000 and 2500 USD.
2) You will be sent to jail for 12 months. Luckily, a good Los angeles DUI attorney can save you from a jail sentence. This is why you should hire a skilled attorney, as soon as possible. Let them handle the case for you!
3) A ignition interlock device should be installed for 2 years. Once again, the lock is required only if the driver receives another license!
According to local state laws, you will be allowed to apply for another license only after two years. Unlike your first or second DUI incident, you will receive a hardship license only after 24 months. Meanwhile, the driver has to remain under the DUI supervision program and complete DUI school. If the driver doesn’t attend counseling or complete the treatment, he/she will not receive a hardship license.
DUI cases can have serious consequences. Almost all states have strict DUI laws. If you want to play safe and walk away with minimal charges, you should hire a Los angeles DUI attorney.
Read more related articles:-Dui Attorney Los Angeles, DUI Lawyer Los Angeles, Los Angeles Dui Lawyer Near Me, Dui Attorney Los Angeles Cost, Dwi Lawyers Near Me, Los Angeles Criminal Attorney, Dui Attorney Orange County, Los Angeles DUI Lawyers