DUI stands for Driving Under the Influence. The influence is mainly due to intoxication by being under the influence of alcohol or any drug. It also includes operating under the influence, drinking and driving, drink-driving and impaired driving.
Driving Under the Influence (DUI) is the act of operating any motorized machinery after/during consuming alcohol or other drugs. DUI or DWI are synonymous terms that represent the criminal offense of operating (or in some jurisdictions merely being in physical control of) a motor vehicle while being under the power of alcohol or drugs or a combination of both. It is a criminal offense in most countries.
A DUI Attorney is a person who can help a person charged under the DUI law. A lot of people are booked under such cases because of the increasing rate of drug/alcohol consumption. Therefore, a lawyer is a person who can help you. A Dui Attorney Los Angeles CA can provide you a wide range of advantages. A DUI lawyer possesses good experience when it comes to defending DUI suspects and they are acquainted with the DUI laws of their state. They even propose the best deal when it comes to bargaining with the prosecutor and the case.
• Their ability to reach plea deal or negotiation which could reduce the jail sentence, reduce the fines and cost for a DUI given by the government.
• A DUI attorney can help you find ways to have the charges dropped and the case thrown altogether.
• They generally allow their customers to contact them at any time of the day and via any form of communication.
• Everything discussed with a Dui Attorney Los Angeles CA is confidential and protected by the attorney client privilege. Since everything is confidential between a client and an attorney, the client should be completely honest with the DUI lawyer to help build a defense.
• A lawyer can help delay the proceedings in the courtroom to help minimize the burden on the accused or even help move the case to a more favorable Judge.
• DUI lawyers have an easier time subpoenaing the police report and evidence against you, if you are cited for a DUI.
DUI attorneys will also be able to help you get a driver's license back and/or have the DUI charge reduced or dismissed. If the suspect was arrested for driving under the influence and had his license administratively suspended by the arresting officer through the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, a DUI attorney can appeal the license suspension and, hopefully, recover the license before going to court. This will allow the suspect to keep driving until the case is in trial, while the judge has not decided whether or not to revoke or suspend the license criminally.
If the suspect in a DUI case is a first time offender, Dui Attorney Los Angeles CA may be able to have the charge reduced to a reckless driving. This will result in lesser fines, a reduced time of probation, a reduced sentence all together and may not involve a trial in the court. Last but not the least, one of the most important benefits of using a DUI attorney is that he or she will be able to determine if the officer has reasonable cause to stop the driver and whether there was reasonable cause to have the driver conduct DUI test. At the same time they would know whether or not the test was conducted properly.
There are no disadvantages of hiring an attorney because DUI laws keep on changing from time to time and only a lawyer knows them completely and in-depth. Sometimes you may feel that instead of presenting a defense, accepting your offense is better. But your attorney will definitely help you in many ways.
You should completely brief him about your case as your attorney should have full details of the happening. A DUI Attorney is also required because your reputation is at the stake if you are booked under the case. So, if you are booked under DUI case then you should hire a DUI attorney. One should not choose a lawyer who is a generalist in all criminal cases but a specialist who gives you the best advice on your case and takes the administrative license suspension as serious as the criminal charges.