Have you faced several DUI convictions? If yes, you are in for big trouble. Every year, several thousand people are arrested for drinking and driving. This is a common problem throughout Los Angeles. According to a survey conducted by the Department of Motor Vehicles, there are 150,000+ arrests every year. And, 5000+ were serious felony charges. DUI convictions become a felony for many reasons. If you wish to save yourself from trouble, you should hire a Los angeles DUI attorney. The professionals will make sure your charges are minimal. But, yes, multiple DUI convictions can be tricky.
So, what would be the penalty for your 4th or 5th DUI? Here is a quick walk through all the penalties:
1) You should serve 3 to 5 years of informal probation. During these years, you must not drive under influence. You should take the chemical test, when asked by a police officer.
2) You should not drive without valid insurance or a driving license.
3) You must not violate any laws for the next 3 to 5 years.
4) You may land up in 6 months’ custody. Luckily, skilled Los angeles DUI attorney can help you out. They will make sure you don’t serve any jail time. Always remember that an experienced attorney is required to resolve a DUI case.
5) Your license will be suspended.
6) You should pay hefty fines. In many cases, drivers pay between 2000 and 5000 USD!
7) You should be a part of DUI programs. These programs can last between 3 and 9 months.
8) Some courts may restrict your license for a very long time. Once again, Los angeles DUI attorney can help you through. Many drivers claim that reputed lawyers can prevent your case from being aggravated.
9) You should carry an ignition interlock device. Some DUI drivers will be asked to take a breath test before they start the vehicle.
Punishments for DUI charges can be categorized into several levels. If you want to play safe and reduce the intensity of each punishment, hire a Los angeles DUI attorney. Records reveal that your 4th violation (within 10 years) will have a jail period of 180 days. Some drivers are put in prison for 3-long years. The final punishment and fine depends on the case and lawyer. A good Los angeles DUI attorney will be able to save your day & money!